|BEST VIEW IN "DESKTOP VIEW"|
Comment by Otedo News Update on August 11, 2012 at 11:40pm
(1) The flag above was a flag presented and debated in various internet fora. infact many other flags were presented (including the Edo flag before 1987 and the midwestern flag, but the above had the majority recommendation. Designed and published by Otedo.com assisted by EROGBE, YET TO BE APPROVED AND ADOPTED BY THE STATE
(2) No more greater consultation than what we have here in EPF which gives room for both Benins, Esan and Afemais to air their views and contribution. The intention of the Edo national flag is to serve all Edo people from the three senatorial district.
(3) The Flag is to represent EDO NATION (also to be apply by the monarchy) not for only Benin, Esan or Afemais.
(4) Edo colours are usually white and red. Ododo - RED, known for her wealth and strenght blessed with natural endowements. while WHITE for the peace and progress. the GREEN curve added signifies Nature. The stars represents brightness and excellence. (5) EDO NATION have ONE kingdom and many dukedoms (for your information). Edos are one in origen but one in diversities. One they shall remain as the EDO AGENDUM dictates.
(6) I appeal to Edo legislators and others organs of government to consider this master frame to siegn into Law.
(7) The palace approver is also on the way and sooner or later will be officailly declared.
(8) the Edo Anthem added to above foto was the old anthem adopted which had much reference to the palace. That is not the Edo National Anthem going to be adopted. it was simply include to create awareness that their was once an Edo anthem.
(9) More suggestions and contributions are also welcoem for a better appproach and option to the good of all Edo people home and away.
I THANK YOU
For those that are psychologically balanced and proud of their Edo heritage, for those that are not ashamed but proudly exude and accept their Edo identity, for those this symbol remind of the history and the gallantry of our fore fathers, the design of this flag must not only be greatly embraced but must gloriously be exuded. Every organizations, sects, tribes, people, nations, religion have an emblem, a symbol or flag. Laws are not stagnant, it must and should be tested. If no other states in the Nigerian federation have a flag, Edo State can be the originator. As nations and states push for progressive ideas, economic and social opportunities, such progressive nations and people do not forget their heritage but correlate and celebrate their culture, heritage, identity and history. This is the reason for seasonal celebrations.This flag is beautiful and I am proud to be associated with it. God loves me so much he created me in his image and in his likeness. God in his infinite mercy and wisdom loves me to the dept of his heart, he created me OvbiEdo and for this, I am forever grateful. Edorisiagbon.
GOVERNOR SERIAKE DICKSON
during tension,,,tell urself ;all is well; u ll gain courage
More Quotes | Submit Quote
YENAGOA, August 08, (THEWILL) – The government of Bayelsa State has announced its approval of a state-owned flag, coat of arms and anthem law, a decision it says is in line with the vision of its founding fathers.
It equally described the decision as a reflection of its stand on Ijaw mobilization, Ijaw integration and the need to promote Ijaw fundamental interest, “which clearly is not subordinate to any other interests.”
After the emblems were approved at the end of the 7th meeting of the state’s executive council held on Monday 6th August, the state announced that the flag, state anthem and coat of arms will reflect the colours and symbols of the Ijaw nation and will be put to use as soon as Governor Seriake Dickson accents to the corresponding law passed by the state’s House of Assembly.
“This decision also underscores government’s belief that this state, like any other state, is where the Ijaws, the fourth largest ethnic nationality, has as its home. Bayelsa is home to all Ijaws both at home and abroad,” Daniel Iworiso-Markson, the chief press secretary to the state, said in a statement.
“The emblem, therefore, will help serve as a unifying force and rallying point for all our people. It says a lot about the preservation of our culture, our essential values as a people and as a race. These are the qualities that distinguish us and make us who we are: proud, great people of the Ijaw Nation, irrepressible in spirit, a people that are second to none in this country.”
Iworiso-Markson went on to explain that the step is not in any way different from what other states in the federation have done in the past, saying “It is common knowledge that virtually all the states in the southwestern region such as Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti State have since launched theirs. The most recent was the north central state of Kwara.
“In the South-South, Cross River and Rivers State are the only two states in the region that have embraced this noble concept. In the case of Rivers, it was done since the 1970s.
“We believe that Bayelsa State, being the only state that can be considered as the home state of the Ijaw race, deserves even much more to blaze this trail than any other state in the federation, given its uniqueness. This much is true because of the emphasis we place on the propagation of the Ijaw ideals and what we stand for as a people: the Ijaw ideology.”
He further described the launch of the emblem as critical to the state’s development matching its drive to project it as a world-class tourist destination, the new frontier for eco-tourism and an investment haven.
Bayelsa is one of the country’s newest states, having been created in 1996 out of the old Rivers State.
Africans Petitions for Benin Sovereignty Nation: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/african-peoples-movement-for-res...
Edo National Anthem: https://soundcloud.com/uwagboe-ogieva/edo-national-anthem-voice
Edo National Flag : http://ihuanedo.ning.com/group/wazobiaisalienotnigeria/forum/topics...