Communique Arising From Abeg Stakeholders Meeting
19 - 05 - 2020
1. The Abudu Elite Group deliberated on issues concerning electricity outage in Abudu and resolved that the community should play a leading role by making substantial donation from the community pulse, while the organisation tap support from public spirited individuals to get light back to the town.
2. The Abudu Elite Group condemned in strong terms issues concerning proposed teenage marriage involving the Odionwere of Abudu Pa Sunday Izekor where claims of canal knowledge was made.
3. The Abudu Elite Group frowned at the attempted change of leadership of the community by some self serving individuals hiding under the misadventure of the Odionwere, Pa Sunday Izekor.
4. The Abudu Elite Group opined that status quo as regarding the leadership of Abudu be maintained pending traditional resolution and determination of the crisis rocking the Elders Council.
5. The Abudu Elite Group agreed to identify key actors on the different divides of the crisis rocking the community and put necessary security agencies on notice in the case of breakdown of law and order.
6. The Abudu Elite Group warned trouble shooters to desist from taking laws into their hands as there are established traditional procedures for resolving communal disputes like the one arising from the misadventure of the Odionwere.
7. The Abudu Elite Group appealed to all Abudu residents to continue to maintain peace as there can be no growth and development in a crisis filled atmosphere.
Am Festus Ese
21st century developmental activist
Abudu Elite Group.(ABEG)