If you have an invitation, click the link in the email to join.
EDO - AFRICAN HISTORY FROM VARIOUS SOURCE
Location: BENIN CITY, NIGERIA
Latest Activity: Aug 1, 2012
Started by Otedo News Update Aug 1, 2012.
By Chief Richard Akinjide (SAN)Former Attorney-General of Nigeria and a FederalMinister of Justice…Continue
Tags: History, Edo
Started by Otedo News Update Jan 20, 2012.
Oba Esigie of Benin Empire (ruled c.1504-c.1550 AD) Great ruler of the southern Nigeria region who commissioned great art…Continue
Tags: Empire, Benin, Great
FILMS Compiled Dr.Charles Gore :Copyright © all images and texts copyright Dr.C.Gore
Attenbrough, D., (dir.), 1977, Kingdom of Bronze, colour (60 minutes), for Tribal Eye Series, BBC
Igbekhai, B.A.,(dir.), 1979, The Making of a King: The Crowning of Oba Erediuwa, Ministry of Information, Culture and Sport.
Lan, D., (dir.), 1995, Artist Unknown, (consultant) Gore, C., colour (50 minutes), Omnibus Series, BBC
Onwurah, N., (dir.), 1996, Behind the Mask, colour (50 minutes) Hidden Empire Series, BBC/M-Net
Osoba, F., (dir.), 1990, The Dormant Genius, colour (54 minutes), Hadada Productions
Robinson, T., (dir.), 2000, Stolen Goods National Treasures, colour (50 minutes), BBC
Speed, F., (dir), 1962, Benin Kingship Rituals, (consultant) Bradbury, R.E., colour (23 minutes)
Various Directors (4 British & 1 Yoruba), 1994, Benin: An African Kingdom, 5 Part Series (consultant Izevbigie, A., and Orisayomi, R.), Titles:- 1) The Present: Benin's People, 2) The Past: Emotan and the Banished Prince 3) Past and present: Traders, the City and Men over the Sea 4) Past and Present :Crafts and Crafts' People 5) The Present: Home to the Village, colour (15 minutes each), Yorkshire Television/International Broadcasting Trust for Channel 4
- Benin and the Europeans, 1485-1897 by Alan Frederick Charles RyderProduct details: Hardcover: 388 pages / Publisher: Prentice Hall Press; 1st Edition edition (July 1969) Language English / ISBN-10: 058264514X / ISBN-13: 978-0582645141
- Graham Connah. 1975. The Archaeology Of Benin: Excavations and other researches in and around Benin City, Nigeria. Clarendon Press : Oxford. Pages - 266 (plus photographs) ISBN - 0 19 920063 7 http://ihuanedo.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-archaeology-of-benin
- Kings, Magic,& Medicine " by Chief Dr. Dayl Peavy JD. An African American that has an Esan Chietaincy title (2007). An Ob'oguega as well as an Ob'orunmila. Have been conducting research in Edo State since 1997 and published in a book titled: "Kings, Magic & Medicine". http://ihuanedo.ning.com/forum/topics/new-book-on-great-benin
- Evolution Of Benin Chieftancy Title (Very specific facts on Edo and Edo's in Diaspora). $25.00
- Benin City Pilgrimage Stations (Detailed Edo History). $25.00
- Benin City- Edo State Capital (More details on the colonial Era).
- The Edo Man of the 20th Century (Oba Eweka 11 life history). $10.00
- Erediauwa, Prince of Benin. (About the Price and not this Oba).$10.00
- Iwu- The body marks of Edo People. $10.00
- A DVD on Edo History from Ogiso to current. Concluded by an address by Omo N'oba himself. $10.00
TOURIST PLACES TO VISIT:
- The Portuguese National Archives in Lisbon
- British Museum
- National Museum Benin City
- THE IMPERIAL ARCHITECTURE OF GREAT BENIN.
- EDO NATION PREMIER WEB
- EDO FOLKS HISTORY AND LANGUAGE
- The Correct History Of Edo People By Naiwu Osahon
- Edo-African heritage within the context and the dynamics of Nigerian culture
- First European Contact With Nigeria Was 1485 By The Great Benin Emp...
- Greatness of an African Queen Mother: IDIA By Uwagboe Ogieva
- Excellence in education and culture for the new millennium By Chief Oje Aisiku, PhD
- Bini Names in Nigeria and Georgia By Roger Westcott, Professor Emeritus, Drew University
- Nigeria: The Edo of Benin By Osamuyimen Stewart, Ph.D.
- THE CORRECT HISTORY OF EDO By NAIWU OSAHON
- THE STORY OF ARHUANRAN (THE DUKE OF UDO)
- Agbor link with Edo people "Origin of Agbor - Agbon" By By Emeka Esogbue
- Benin (Nigeria) and its Mystique By MIKE JIMOH
- Benin History and the Museum's Benin Collection From the museum.upenn.edu
- 100 Years after the Invasion of Benin Reflection By Chief Richard Akinjide (SAN)
- Benin Chronology
- Scholarly Books & Films on Great Edo Kingdom
- Abolish Edoid Group of Race for One Edo Nation or Edoid Nation!
- Contesting the History of Benin Kingdom By Peter P. Ekeh
- Benin - Urhobo Relationship By Dr. Nowa Omoigui
- Language and unity of Edo people By Uyilawa Usuanlele
- Benin_Igbo_Yoruba Historic relations (Onitsha, Orisha) By PHILIP EM...
- The Oduduwa Controversy Resolved. By Naiwu Osahon
- Esan Not An Ethnic Group But Benin(Edo) By Uwagboe Ogieva
- Ogiso and Eweka times: A prelimnary history of Edoid Complex of cul... By Peter P. Ekeh- Let Boko Haram have their own country, says Omoruyi By Omo Omoruyi
- Crisis in Belgium:If Flanders Secedes Wallonia Disintegrates
Sign Upor Sign In
Or sign in with:
Marriage has been on trial since the onset of modernity
THE COST OF A HAPPY HOME
Death and Sex: The Forbidden Topics
My Experience With Armed Cultists In Uniben – Paulinus Okpere
AFRICA, O MOTHER AFRICA
Ghanaian President Embarrass French President Macron With Shocking Speech
THE PROGRAMMING CALLED 'DEVIL'
"Fear God," is a phrase often used by Christians
CHARACTERS UNIQUE TO ALL HISTORY
CORONAVIRUS IT’S THE MATH, STUPID
Spying On China, The In-Coming Class Captain
Posted by Otedo News Update on November 8, 2020 at 9:30am
Posted by Otedo News Update on September 29, 2020 at 10:00pm
Posted by Otedo News Update on September 23, 2020 at 9:00am
Posted by Otedo News Update on September 16, 2020 at 6:30pm
Posted by Otedo News Update on June 13, 2020 at 8:30am
© 2021 Created by Otedo News Update.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.